I encourage visitors to comment and interact with one another. With a very few exceptions, I enjoy interacting with the people that stop by. I’m frequently impressed by people’s knowledge, wisdom and insight. Quite often, the comments are rather more interesting than my posts. Thank you.
You are welcome to agree, disagree or simply ask questions. The goal of allowing comments is to enable us to learn from one another, so don’t be shy. If you’re wondering about something, it’s quite likely that someone else is too. And if you can answer someone’s question, go ahead!
For a long time, this site managed without a formal comment policy, but a very small minority of contributions have necessitated that I begin to formulate one. For now, please bear in mind these preliminary guidelines:
- Remember that comments left on this website are public. I don’t have that many visitors, but you never know who might one day see what you have written.
- Try to stay at least vaguely on topic. If what you have to say isn’t even the least bit tangentially related to a post, this probably isn’t the place for you to say it. But, if your comment or question arose as a result of reading or thinking about the post, it’s likely fair game – go ahead!
- Be gracious. Both with me and other commentators. Remember that we are people too, and we have feelings. And you’ll be much more likely to convince if you make your point nicely. I want this to be a friendly place for you and my other visitors.
- If you disagree with someone, try to make your point from Scripture. I am unlikely to be convinced by traditions or opinions unless they are in accord with what the Bible teaches.
- Be edifying. A Biblical critique of someone’s doctrine (including mine) is welcome, but rudeness and personal attacks are not. There is a difference. No personal invective will be permitted.
- Be patient. I have a demanding day job. And a life away from the Internet. Sometimes it might therefore take me a little while to respond to your comments. I might not even respond at all. Please be patient with me and don’t be offended by this – I promise you it isn’t personal. Of course, someone else might help me out be responding to you!
- Your comments and insight are important! I might therefore wish to reproduce your comments in the future, so that they receive a wider audience – perhaps even on a different website or via a different media. I therefore ask that you give me permission to reproduce your comments, with or without modification. Please only post comments if you are happy with this.
I reserve the right to moderate all comments at my sole discretion, although my general aim is to publish as many as I can. Adhere to the above guidelines, and your comments are likely to be published.
And thank you in advance for contributing.
Peace and grace.